Vitapep with cream cheese filling
Ingredients (makes 10):
- Approx. 25 g peeled walnuts, plus extra for garnishing
- 185 g plain cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grated cheese, plus extra for garnishing
- ½ tbsp garden cress, plus extra for garnishing
- 10 Vitapep snack peppers
- extra requirements: food processor, piping bag (a disposable one is fine)
1. Coarsely chop the walnuts using a large knife.
2. Blend the cream cheese with the paprika, pepper, and honey in the food processor until smooth.
3. Then add the walnuts, garden cress, and grated cheese and blend thoroughly.
4. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and leave to rest briefly in the fridge.
5. Meanwhile, slice off the tops of the Vitapep snack peppers and remove the seeds.
6. Now cut off the end of the piping bag and fill the Vitapep snack peppers with the cream cheese mix.
7. Next, garnish each filling as desired, with half a walnut, for example, or a little garden cress or grated cheese. Serve immediately!
The cream cheese filling can easily be made in advance. It will keep in the fridge for at least two days without losing its flavour. Fill the Vitapep snack peppers just before serving. If you don’t have a food processor this filling can also be made by hand, of course. Simply use a fork to mix.
For an extra kick try adding a teaspoon of grated horseradish to the filling. This is available in a jar in supermarkets.